Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Catching up...

Wow! It has been a while since I have been able to post on here. I came back to work on January 11th (following my wonderful 3 month maternity leave) and was quickly reminded that working full time leaves little time for much of anything else. So here is an update on the goings on in the Mock household for the past month or so...

First things first...Casey was offered a job as a Nuclear Engineer for a company in upstate New York!?! He will graduate this April and we will be moving across the country sometime in May. This job seems perfect for Casey, and even though it will be FREEZING for about 6 months out of the year and we will be far away from both our families we are really excited for the adventure and feel that we have been INCREDIBLY blessed. New York here we come!

Corbin is now over 3 months old! I can't believe how fast the time has gone and how much he is growing and changing all the time. Here are some things about Corbin now...

Corbin is a FANTASTIC sleeper. He slept straight through the night from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am when he was only 6 weeks and 1 day! I remember waking up that morning at 5:00 am and I was sure he had died during the night, but after frantically getting up to check on him and realizing he was fine...just sleeping...life has been wonderful. He has been a great sleeper ever since. It's amazing what a solid night sleep can do for you after not having one for so long. When I went back to work I think he got thrown off his schedule a little bit and would wake up once during the night for a week or two, but we are happy to report that he is back to his sleeping ways, sleeping 8-9 hours straight through the night, and mommy couldn't be happier!

Corbin LOVES his bath time. He laughs hysterically any time we get him in his tub. Here is a video of him laughing in the bath that is too cute not to post.



Corbin likes making his presence known. His coos and squeeks and squeals are even more adorable because he is smiling through it all. One of my favorite things to do is sit with my legs up on the couch and put him on my legs so our faces are super close and just talk and laugh back and forth. We love our happy baby!

Overall we are doing great and are just trying to enjoy these next few months of lasts. Casey's last semester...my last few weeks at work...and our last time living in Utah.

3 comments:

  1. Erin, I think your giggling is more funny in that video!! You're such a cute Mom! It looks like Corbin is getting bigger, he's adorable! I'm sad you guys are going to be moving so far away but that's so great that Casey got a job and hopefully the weather's not too bad. Me personally, Utah drivers always scared me a whole lot more than the weather back East so at least you'll get away from that. Oh wait, you are a Utah driver! I forgot! I love you friend!

    Oh and PS-I saw a picture of you that someone tagged on facebook and you look so skinny!! How the heck do you have such a flat belly 3 months after having a baby?! hehe, talk to you soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Erin! Corbin is such a cutie- I didn't know you two would be moving. Congratulations!
    Sasha Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin!! I found your blog on Shay's blog that I found on Jessi's blog...wow I need a life =)

    Anyway - what part of upstate NY are you moving to? You are going to love it up there!! Yes the winters are cold, but it is ok b/c the fall is AMAZING!! Tell Casey congrats for me.

    Corbin is so cute!

    ReplyDelete